This post contains affiliate links
Let’s talk wedding favors today. Since brides (& grooms) are always trying to stay within budgets, there are naturally so many articles about areas where you can cut costs for your wedding. One of the things that always makes the list is cutting your wedding favors. Despite what these articles say, I truly believe that wedding favors are a must. It’s a simple way to thank your guests for coming to celebrate with you, some of which probably went way out of their way to attend your special day. Besides, wedding favors don’t have to be expensive, they are a perfect example of the old saying it’s the thought that counts.
Insert inexpensive fun favor…. S’mores! You can do s’mores in so many fun ways & the only thing you need to have is a bon fire or some sort of roasting area. Today I want to share with you a really easy s’more favor idea & it even includes a free printable for your labels!
- White or Ivory card stock
- Scissors or Paper Trimmer
- Hole punch
- Cellophane baggies
- Gold (or other colored) twist ties
- Hershey’s full size bars
- Honey Graham Crackers
- Count out how many labels you will need & print on your white or ivory card stock (labels will print 6 to a page, so keep that in mind when figuring out how many pages you will need)
- Using your paper trimmer and/or scissors, cut out your printed labels
- Use your hole punch to punch holes in the top of the labels (hint: you can do more than one at a time so it’s a little faster)
- Now.. since we don’t want your s’mores to go stale, you’ll want to wait to make them until the day before or even 2 days before the wedding. In the meantime, you can start gathering your supplies (psst… this is actually helpful to do the day or 2 before the wedding because you will have a lot of people offer to help, so it will take much less time!)
- In each favor, you will put enough for 2 s’mores (2 marshmallows, 1 whole hershey bar broken in 2 & 4 graham cracker halves), so you’ll want to start by breaking the graham crackers & chocolate bars in half
- Lay your graham cracker pieces down flat in the bottom of the cello bag, add the chocolate on top & then the two marshmallows side by side
- Pinch just above the marshmallows & use your twist tie to close the bag & adhere the label
That’s it! It’s super easy & really fun to put together!
Here are a few additional tips:
- Although you shouldn’t actually put the s’mores together too far in advance, you can gather your supplies & get your labels ready early so the process of putting them together goes much smoother
- Make sure to buy extra chocolate & graham crackers. They tend to break in a not so pretty way when you’re breaking them in half, so have extras on hand.
- Use this as a fun bonding experience with your bridal party & guests a day or two before your wedding. So many people will offer to help, and it will make them feel good if they can be involved, so take advantage!
If you like these labels, but want to customize them to say your names (like in the photos), check out our listing on etsy here
What are some s’more ideas you have seen at weddings? See what I did there… Leave a comment below!